Saturday 10 November 2012

Missguided


So I've had an exciting and busy few weeks. On 31.10.12 I did a days interning at Missguided in Manchester. Missguided is an online retailer that sell contemporary and on-trend fashion. I knew the photographer working for them and he remembered I had this blog and am interested in fashion styling so he got in touch with me via twitter. This shows how important social media is in getting work placements and experience. It's always good to remain professional on twitter as you never know who may me following.

I was nervous at when I first arrived but everyone was lovely and there was a very relaxed atmosphere. I originally thought I would just be dressing models but I ended up actually styling outfits as well as dressing them.

The head stylist Sara Luxe was lovely and helped me with any questions I had. I like to think she was impressed with me and talked about having me back at MG!

I've been working on a new project as well for the past 2 weeks in which I have to create a perfume advert for a design house. The house I chose was Alexander McQueen and I have to create a 'couture' garment and use a vintage item. I have my shoot tomorrow and am using a model who is a ballet dancer to create a theatrical look.

I'll post images once they are edited

Poppy Eliza x

No comments:

Post a Comment